LONG RANGE RANGER PATROL
RANGER TRAINING COURSE(S):
There is a big gap in the market (especially Africa) for a professional, Para-military anti-poaching unit that has a holistic approach from prevention to capture. This ranger training course is Innovative, Relevant and most definitely Viable!
The new LRRP anti-poaching units will be equipped with modern technologies, terrain vehicles, aerial reconnaissance capability and therefore able to stop the horrible slaughter of the African Wildlife before these animals are permanent terminated.
Field Ranger Selection Course (2 weeks)
The Field Ranger selection process is inextricably linked to the Long Range Ranger Patrol training course for the latter to be productive and cost efficient. Proper selection ensures that those students entering the LRRP training course are of the right calibre and that the time, effort and finances expended in training them is not wasted. Apart from the greater productivity and cost effectiveness achieved with the training course, selection ensures that high standards are attained and that a consistent minimum standard is achieved.
- Physical selection
- Casualty evacuation (Casevac) simulation
- Ecology awareness training
- Tracking/Mammal identification Tracking
- Basic firearm awareness
- Learners are monitored throughout and reported on individually.
- A recommendation with regard to employability/suitability is based on daily reporting of observations made during the process.
Basic Course LRRP 1 (6 weeks)
After the selection process successful candidates will undergo basic Field Ranger training. (LRRP 1). The skills and knowledge gained in this course are the fundamental skills that all Field Rangers need in order to effectively perform their duties.
- Drill and discipline
- Duties and responsibilities
- Conservation philosophy
- Law enforcement
- Use of rifle
- First aid
- Night operations
- Observation posts
- Extended patrols
- Crime Scene Control
- Learners are reported on individually and rated in terms of competency
- Mobility (special driving / manoeuvre capabilities)
Patrol Leaders Course (2 weeks)
The leader group, in addition to receiving instruction in ecological concepts, community involvement, and anti-poaching techniques, will receive training in field leadership and instructional skills.
Focused on training course to become squad leader and instructors (planning and execution of LRRP patrols)
- Field orders
- Field leadership
- Planning patrols
- Patrol preparation
- Information gathering and dissemination
- Basic conflict resolution
- Learners are reported on individually and rated in terms of competency.
OPS Manager Course (2 weeks)
This course addresses the need for anti-poaching strategies to become proactive rather than remain reactive
Focused at OPS (operations) managers/Patrol leader (Planning cell / scheduling level)
- 8 Step counter poaching model
- Planning of operations
- Field intelligence
- Community involvement in planning
- Training and employment of Field Rangers
- Labour Law introduction
Advance Force rangers LRRP 2 (4 weeks)
This will become a special ready counter poaching LRRP unit (the most important task of this unit is to deal with poachers)
- Extended clandestine patrols
- Observation Posts / Listening Posts
- Tactical Movement: by foot / by motorized transportation (LRRP vehicle / Quad) tracking of poachers and surveillance
- Field and contact Tactics / Close Quarter Battle course
- Advanced weapon handling: shooting with several firearms (long distance/sniper, automatic rifles and handguns)
- Arrest techniques (Special Weapons And Tactics)
- Mobility Training: operating with vehicles / tactical movements (LRRP jeep/Quads)
Instructor/OPS training/patrol leaders:
After the LRRP 2 course the instructors cadre of The Group will select candidates who are able to follow the instructors / OPS (Operations Room) operator / Patrol Leader courses. The duration will be 1 month. During this month the trainee will learn all basic & advanced skills which are needed to operate as a trainer / OPS operator / Patrol Leader and he will be ready to conduct these skills to his own team members / new course members (Train the Trainer)
Training is delivered by qualified former Special Forces instructors of The Group NLD together with the local expertise, who employ combined doctrines and training methodology derived from contemporary operational experience.